Amy shares her window seat with us, made from Lack shelving units.

She writes, "We used two Lack shelves to create seating for our playroom. The Lack shelves are super-sturdy, so we turned them on their sides to create window seats. We cut foam padding to fit - definitely a two-person job. We used an electric knife, and I can't imagine anything else that would work. I used the book, Singer: Sewing for the HomeSinger: Sewing for the Home, to help with the how-to of the upholstery project.


Ikea didn't carry canvas baskets for either of these shelves, and I thought canvas would be much more practical than Ikea's plastic, paper, or wicker options. So, I found canvas baskets at Wal-Mart. (It was really hard to find what I was looking for!) Wal-Mart seems to carry these sizes in different colors every year during January/February. We're enjoying our new setup!"

See more of Amy's window seat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top